Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Immigration issue

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

Immigration issue

Postby ClintBarton » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:36 am

Hi,

I had my civil partnership since 2006. However, our relationship had been struggling and my partner just moved away from UK and left me behind here. I had already got my perminent resident permit last year. However, one of the immigration staff doubt my status in UK when I entered to UK back from travelling last December. Actually, he asked my status with my partner. I replied he left me and moved to another country. Then he kept my passport for checking in his office about 30 minutes. When he gave me back my passport, I asked him what was wrong with my visa? He said so many people just terminate their relationship after they get the perminent residency in UK. (but the fact is I don't even have my divorce yet) So I worry about my next travelling. Will I get any similar trouble again when I come back to UK from another country next time? Did the immigration staff make any record for me by his own doubt/judge so I can't come back to UK again after travelling? Looking forward to hearing from someone to help some advices soon?
ClintBarton

Re: Immigration issue

Postby AngelaKinsey52 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am

If you came on a settlement visa, you have Unlimited Leave to Remain and have blank to fear from immigration. You would not automatically become a UK citizen except one of your parents were already a UK citizen or improved here before you were born. http://www.makemyessay.com/
You have to remain two more years until you have been resident in the UK for five years before you can appeal for citizenship.
AngelaKinsey52

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Immigration and Visas