IMG Residency Post Match 2012
NRMP has introduced new rules for handling Post Match staring this year. Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP)
will replace Post Match Scramble during Match Week.
The rules can be summarized as:
- Match results will become available to the applicant and programs on Monday of the Match week.
- Unmatched applicants must apply to unfilled programs via ERAS.
- There is no limit to how many applications one can submit, However, regular ERAS fees will apply, effectively limiting
number of applications by applicant's budget.
- There will be eight rounds of offers issued by the residency programs starting from Wednesday and through the Friday
of the Match week. All the offers expire in two hours.
Naturally, there will be fewer positions in every next round. Realistically, only applications submitted Monday and early
Tursday have a chance of generating an offer, It would be a good investment of time to review the Match Week Schedule now,
so you know what to expect.
Please make sure you are aware of the timing are capable of applying to the programs on time, receive an offer and accept
before it expires!
A webcast about SOAP will be posted by the NRMP in January 2012.
IMG Residency 2012 SOAP guidance package
If you had few or none interviews, you have to prepare for the Post Match! Our Post Match Guidance Package will guide you
through the process, maximizing your chances.
- Prioritize your SOAP application using a list of programs that are more likely to be unmatched. We will arrange the list
by unfilled positions and your fit for program requirements. This will help you make most out of your ERAS application budget
by prioritizing application to programs where you have best chance
- In case if you qualify for too few programs, we will
help you identify more places to apply. Post Match hiring criteria is usually not as strict as in the Match season. Once
you find programs that are interested in your application, which you wouldn't qualify for in the match, you obtain a great
competitive advantage by applying where other applicants won't
- 4 weeks before the match, we will put together your application
web site for programs review. This will increase your exposure to potential programs and help us tracking programs that
looked at your application. See www.imgresidency.com/sample
- 3 weeks before the match, we will send a short introduction
e-mail with your application to ALL programs in your specialty . The goal is to make your application available to the programs
that may participate in the SOAP. You will get feedback from Program Directors and Coordinators about your fit and whether
it's worth applying in case the program becomes unmatched.
- You identify the programs where you plan to submit your ERAS
application in the Match week based on the Lists and Program Directors feedback
- We will help optimizing your ERAS profile
for fast and efficient application during Post Match week. When the Unfilled Positions List comes up, you will be ready
to complete application to all programs in minutes while others will spend hours.
- MATCH WEEK. There will be a lot of stress
and questions? You will be working on ERAS applications, phone Interviews, review offers. We will assign a personal IMG
Residency coach available in Skype, MSN, Phone, and E-mail 7:00 AM ? 7:00 PM to help you out, answer all your questions,
discuss available offers, manage timing, and make sure you are on the right track!
- Once SOAP is over, we will keep looking for unexpected openings and off-cycle positions until July.
Our Post Match service is compliant with all SOAP rules, NRMP policies, and your NRMP Match Participation Agreement. There
will be no contacts between you, us, and the programs outside of allocated Match time window.
After submitting ERAS application, you should expect phone (rarely face-to-face) interviews before getting an offer. Make
sure you are prepared. Post Match interviews are not like regular residency interviews that you visited or heard of during
the main Match season. PDs make decisions on the spot, often during your phone interview, which lasts 10-20 minutes. Make
sure you know how to make a strong impression and "win" the position!
IMG Residency Match Week Interview Preparation Service
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 IMG Residency®.
All trademarks are the propertiers of their respective owners.